Microsoft ActiveSync is a synchronization application that acts as a gateway for Windows Mobile-based devices. It synchronizes your devices with your Windows-based computers and Microsoft Outlook application, transferring your Outlook information, Office documents, as well as pictures, music, videos and more.
Requirements to Microsoft ActiveSync include:
• Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 for Itanium-based Systems; Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition; Windows XP Media Center Edition; Windows XP Professional x64 Edition ; Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2; and Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
• Microsoft Outlook 2000, Microsoft Outlook XP, or Microsoft Outlook 2003 messaging and collaboration clients required for synchronization to the desktop or portable computer of e-mail, calendar, contacts, tasks, and notes. (Outlook 2003 is recommended)
• Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office XP or Microsoft Office 2003
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later (required)
• Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0